Join now - be part of our community!

Sony CFD-S50 Cassette Player issue

profile.country.GB.title
Alznabz
New

Sony CFD-S50 Cassette Player issue

Hello. I have a Sony CPD-S50 Portable CD Radio Cassette-corder. I purchased it second hand and found that the previous user had pulled a chewed-up tape out forcefully, which resulted in unknown damage to the mechanism inside. Whenever I put a tape in, the tape is always chewed up- and pretty badly. Upon closer inspection, I found that in normal playing speed, the take-up reel is jamming or simply doesn't turn at all. The motor and everything else is working fine. However, when increased to fast-forward speed, the reel turns as it should, with a great amount of resistance. Perhaps it's also worth noting that the part behind the reels that bobs up and down (unsure of name, despite extensive research) is also stuck and stationary in the same way as the take-up reel. However, the part works fine when in fast-forward mode.

Could anyone give any advice please? I know that this stuff is old now and nobody really uses it, but I was looking forward to this. Even if it is no longer worthy of being saved, I need that peace of mind.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Give Sony support a shout here.

Maybe they can help.

Let us know how you get on.

Best wishes,

M