Join now - be part of our community!

MEX-BT3900U "VOLUME" problem

SOLVED
profile.country.da_DK.title
kitekaos
Visitor

MEX-BT3900U "VOLUME" problem

To whom it may concern,

I have just purchased the SONY Car Stereo as mentioned above. I have reset the stereo after installation.

There are two problems:

1) Everything seems to be working accordingly except for the fact that the volume and program select funtion only works when I turn on the system with the remote and there after can only get results with the remote control, then, nothing works using the buttons on the system itself.

2) When I turn on the system manually, I am unable to use the remote control plus the volume button on the  control panel does not work at all.

Question:

How can I get the system to work once turned on, where I can use all functions both manually by the control panel and by using the remote control????

Please respond asap with a possible solution or do you suggest that I return the stereo? This does seem to be a defect. Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Tonni

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
Drumzman
New

Hi Tonni,

To me, it sounds a bit like there's a connection problem between the removable fascia of the stereo and the body of the BT3900.  It might be worth detaching the fascia, cleaning the terminals with a dry cloth, resetting again and see if that's any better.  If not, I'd be tempted to take it back to where you bought it and getting the unit and the installation checked out, as it does sound like there could be a fault.

Hope you get sorted.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
Drumzman
New

Hi Tonni,

To me, it sounds a bit like there's a connection problem between the removable fascia of the stereo and the body of the BT3900.  It might be worth detaching the fascia, cleaning the terminals with a dry cloth, resetting again and see if that's any better.  If not, I'd be tempted to take it back to where you bought it and getting the unit and the installation checked out, as it does sound like there could be a fault.

Hope you get sorted.