Join now - be part of our community!

MEX-BT3800u Ipod problems

profile.country.en_GB.title
capri_rob
Visitor

MEX-BT3800u Ipod problems

My head unit has developed a fault over the last couple of days where it will no longer play music from my Ipod Classic via the USB socket.

The Ipod is still detected when plugged in, track selection can be made etc and the correct track info is displayed - but it wont allow playback.

If you start the Ipod playing a track and then connect it via the usb the playback stops - as soon as you disconnect it from the HU it starts again.

Pause/unpause does nothing - it just comes up on the display as paused and when you press the pause button again it does not start playing back.

The Ipod still works perfectly in an Ipod Speaker dock, via headphones and connected to the PC via the same cable so it has to be the head unit thats at fault.

I've tried resetting it 3 times, and have disconnected it completely left it for a while and and then reconnected it - it still doesnt work.

This appears to be an issue with the Ipod software in the head unit as it will play back music via a USB stick without any issues - its like the Ipod playback part of it has crashed or frozen.

Is there anything else I can try ?

0 REPLIES 0