Join now - be part of our community!

Apple Mac compatibility with Content Transfer

profile.country.GB.title
munich30
Explorer

Apple Mac compatibility with Content Transfer

I have been advised by Sony that Content Transfer will not operate on the latest IOS 10.15 Upgrade (Catalina).  Without this my new Walkman WS413 is useless.   Great product but no use on Apple products if Sony do not update their software.  When I asked, Sony were unable to give any indication of if or when it would be upgraded

16 REPLIES 16
profile.country.GB.title
munich30
Explorer

Hi

Thanks for that. It worked so I am very grateful for your assistance. Hopefully Sony will update content Transfer so that we can use all the facilities but in the meantime your solution is very useful.

Many thanks
profile.country.GB.title
trrisberg
New

Hello!

I found an app that works well as a replacement to Content Transfer. You can find it in the Apple App Store. It is call Export For iTunes. Even though iTunes no longer exists, the app works well.

I hope this helps!

Tom

profile.country.GB.title
munich30
Explorer

Thanks Tom. Your assistance is much appreciated and far better than the Sony advice!

Sent from my iPad
profile.country.GB.title
trrisberg
New

I am happy to help out! Like others, I found Sony’s assistance to be totally inadequate.

Sent from my iPad...

Have a wonderful & blessed day!

Tom Risberg
profile.country.GB.title
eplmair
Explorer

Does anyone have any advice about transferring playlists over? Export for Itunes creates duplicates, which is far from ideal for my 3000+ song everyday playlist. It may be a matter of tweaking with the settings for it, but any tips on moving playlists over now that Content Transfer is MIA would be appreciated. 

Thank you, everyone. Just been tearing my hair out looking for a solution to bypass Content Transfer. It rendered a brand new player useless and was just about to send it back when I came across this thread.

Just trying 'Export for Itunes' now. 

I did see the comment above on Playlists, and it certainly does that and albums etc. Hoping this works, but big kudos from me!!!

No answer to the duplication problem though 😞