Join now - be part of our community!

XP hangs on "Windows is shutting down" because of my camera (Vaio AR11M)

goshe
Visitor

XP hangs on "Windows is shutting down" because of my camera (Vaio AR11M)

When I install my camera drivers (Sony Visual communication camera VGP-VCC2) a problem occur. If I am going to shut down or restart my somputer windows hangs on "Windows is shutting down" and nothing happen. I've studied the problem and realized that the problem is because of my interal camera (SONY VAIO AR11M).
Please can enyone help me about this?
Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
Dekesh
Visitor

make sure the vaio camera utility (VCU) is installed correctly. you can get hold of it from vaio link and try to reinstall it. I also have the AR11M and have no problems with shutting down

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Have a look at this Microsoft KB Article

You can download the Hotfix from SONY USA

:wink:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Norton can cause this.

goshe
Visitor

hi, thank you to all of you, unfortunatelly my notebook is not here and I can't test it but if you have any other ideias... thank!

there is no norton or any symantec product on my machine..

thanks

robpaxton
Explorer

You should follow the advice given by Blencogo.

goshe
Visitor

hi,
about Vaio-link, is there any maximum period that they have to replay...
I have a 5 days case and nobody answers to me...?

10x

robpaxton
Explorer

The response time is variable - five days for e support is not unusual.

Have you tried the hotfix posted by Blencogo?

goshe
Visitor

Not yet, because I gave the laptop to my friend who is in Siria now for a job. But I have no patience to try it and will do it when he come back.
Do you think it will work?

I have a lot of problems reinstalling, restoring (without recovery CD's and no vaio recovery tool), installing to Englsih version not Spanish legal Windows XP that came with my vaio.... I learn many thing about sony vaio and many tips also, but this problem with the camera, it just drive me crazy...

10x again
regards

robpaxton
Explorer

E support will not usually offer you a solution if the Vaio doesn't have the originally installed operating system.

I would try the patch.