Join now - be part of our community!

XP Drivers for VGN-N11H

Teamdanger
Visitor

XP Drivers for VGN-N11H

Had a problem with my Vaio and had to wipe my HDD so have re-installed XP and am starting from scratch again but i'm having trouble locating drivers for audio/video/wi-fi/etc

Can anyone help my problem? Thanks in advance.

Mark

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Mark and welcome.

Go to the download page for your Vaio here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/preinstalled/index.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VGN-N11H_W

You will find all the Original Drivers and Utilities under the ORIGINALLY INSTALLED Tab and any subsequent updates will appear under the UPDATES Tab.

:wink:

Teamdanger
Visitor

I have just done this, this morning but i'm having quite a bit of trouble working out what to do, i'm not the most computer aware person so i apologise if i appear to be a bit dumb. how do you install all the drivers into the laptop?? :thinking:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Mark,

Download the .zip files of the Original Drivers and Original Utilities to a location where you can find them.
In Windows Explorer, right-click on the .zip file and choose 'Extract All'
Extract to C:\
The Drivers (and Utilities) will be listed in C:\Drivers (C:\Utilities)
Most drivers and all utilities will contain a "SETUP.EXE" file - just double-click on the setup file to install.
Some drivers will not contain a SETUP file but will contain a .INF file - to install these you must go to Device Manager.
In Device Manager, find the uninstalled device (with a yellow !), double-click on it and choose 'Update Driver'. Choose 'No, not this time' -> 'Install from List or Specific Location' -> 'Don't Search, I will choose a driver to install' -> 'Have Disc' and browse to the location of the .INF file.
I think all the updates run and install automatically as long as the original is installed.

Good Luck.

:wink: