Join now - be part of our community!

White line on my screen.

urOk
Visitor

White line on my screen.

Hi guys. I was played counter strike today and with no reason after next map loaded withe line horizontaly appeared on the bottom of screen. Any ideas where can be problem ? I can say only that i dont think is a graphic problem cos i can't take any screen shots with this line...And all icons looks like crossed out by this line 😕 Restart doesn't help this line appear with start up 😕

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi urOk,

Try connecting your Vaio to an external monitor, do you still have the same problem.?

Do you get the same white line when in safe mode.?

To enter safe mode restart your Vaio and when you see the Vaio logo press the F8 key repeatedly..

Do you get the same problem in the BIOS

To enter the BIOS restart your Vaio and when you see the Vaio logo press the F2 key repeatedly..

To exit the BIOS press F9 to reset the BIOS to default and press F10 to save and exit..

urOk
Visitor

Hi Thalamus . And yes i've checked on bios screen and on safe mode also...This line is there too. Didn't check with other screen yet. Had bad feelings anyway, my warranty just finished and 1st problem appeard, only hope that i will not have to pay for this half price of my laptop.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi urOk,

it would appear that your problem is hardware related, either graphics or screen related.

Are you able to connect your vaio to an external monitor, as this may help to further identify the cause of the problem.?

my warranty just finished and 1st problem appeard,

When did you warranty expire.?