Join now - be part of our community!

VPCZ1 64 bit graphics driver for 2008 server

profile.country.en_GB.title
rearcardoor
Visitor

VPCZ1 64 bit graphics driver for 2008 server

I have a Vaio VPCZ13V9E and had to install dual boot as I required Windows 2008 Server R2 in order to run multiple simulatneous Hyper-V virtual images.   The only graphics that I can get on my 2008 partition are Standard VGA and the maximum resolution is a very poor, and headache inducing 1024 x 768.  The most comfortable resolution is 800 x 600 which is no use at all.

Unfortunately none of the display drivers from the Sony support site work and I have had no luck with all of the nvidia ones.  I even called nvidia who said that the graphics drivers in this laptop are hybrid and they do not provide drivers for them.  I also contacted Sony support who said that they only provided Win 7 and XP drivers for this machine.  I don't see why the Win 7 64 bit drivers don't work!  When I install them I reboot and the screen is black with random colours - the machine then powers off and I have to reboot into safe mode and uninstall.

Because I have no recognised graphics driver I also can't even connect to an external monitor via HDMI or the standard monitor output.

Any ideas anyone?

0 REPLIES 0