Join now - be part of our community!

vgn tx3xp vista upgrade

sterobinson
Visitor

vgn tx3xp vista upgrade

Hi all

will be upgrading tomorrow top vista ultimate. run the vista checker on the machine and said I was fine to use business version and if i wanted ultimate.

the downloadable check stated that i wont be able to use finger print recognition after upgrade until i have the driver. is this available yet ?

has anyone else upgraded their TX3XP for Vista ? What have you experienced ? I'm not expecting it to go totally smoothly...

cheers

steve (UK)

25 REPLIES 25
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

the downloadable check stated that i wont be able to use finger print recognition after upgrade until i have the driver. is this available yet ?

Hi Steve,

Welcome to Club Vaio, :slight_smile:

No the fingerprint recognition driver in not available yet, when the new Vista drivers are released they should appear here for your TX3.. :slight_smile:

sterobinson
Visitor

I must say that vista looks great.

however and its a big however...Despite 6 hours of phone calls to both my isp and to microsoft vista technical support i cant get the internet on it.

im using my other pc with the same router and it connects me fine. (its XP)

before the upgrade i had xp on my notebook and it connected fine.

in vista is shows that im connected to the router and apparantly the internet but when i open internet explorer - no internet.

anyone got any ideas ?

thank you

steve

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

There are some Vista drivers available for the TX3 now, check the link below... :smileygrin:

Windows Vista drivers and utilities are in development and will be released by the end of March 2007. Some drivers and utilities are already available. Click here to see the available downloads.

sterobinson
Visitor

thanks for this.

if the notebook cant connect to the internet how can it down load the drivers ?

thanks

steve

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Have you tried using a different browser, something like Firefox .. :thinking:

If that does not work, you could always re-install XP and then download the new drivers.. :wink:

sterobinson
Visitor

Have you tried using a different browser, something like Firefox .. :thinking:

If that does not work, you could always re-install XP and then download the new drivers.. :wink:

thanks, its got from bad to worse, misplaced my original xp disc.

would it be possible to download the drivers onto large memory stick from this pc (the one with xp on and with a web connection) and then plug the memory stick in the notebook ?

also... is this proving to be a common issue post vista upgrade ?

thanks

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Your TX3 came with a hidden recovery partition, if this is still intact, tapping F10 repeatedly when booting your Vaio should start the recovery process.. :wink:

I presumed from your post above that you had already tried to download the drivers from your other PC.. yes you can download the drivers to another pc, then either burn to a CD/DVD or place on a memory stick, then you can place the DVD/CD etc into your Vaio and copy the files across..

sterobinson
Visitor

thanks thalamus.

do you suggest that i download all of the ones under the tx model. also noticed that there are utilities also available on the sme page (the other tab) should i install these too.

steve

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome Steve,

It's probably best to download all the Vista drivers and utilities available for your TX3.. :wink: