Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-T2XP - vga output to SAMSUNG SyncMaster 215TW

packetloss
Visitor

VGN-T2XP - vga output to SAMSUNG SyncMaster 215TW

Could have sworn I posted this last night but can't find it anywhere 😞

I have a VGN-T2XP that outputs via notebook vga out & also port replicator vga out to my Iiyama Prolite E481S.

I've just bought a Samsung Syncmaster 215TW which I am unable to get a consistent image to.
I've tried original video drivers plus v1417 & v141950 from Intel for the 82852/82855 Gm/GME controller.
When I first install the drivers its OK, but if I turn the monitor off it won't regain the signal no matter what combinations of monitor/notebook reboots I try.
After the initial recognition, the monitor will see the signal (no blinking light or error message) but wont display the image. I've tried with every available screen resolution & switching between monitor as sole primary, extended desktop & clone modes - to no avail.

Strangely when I connect to the Samsung via a Belkin KVM switch the image magically appears (albeit with reduced resolution & grainy image) but as soon as I connect directly from the laptop or port replicator no image.

I have tested the vga port on the monitor with a few different PCs & laptops & it works fine from lowest to highest resolution.
Can anybody help? It's driving me up the wall.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi packetloss,

We frequently have reports of incompatibility between some Vaios and some Samsung displays when using the VGA port.

This has been reported to Sony who acknowledge that this problem can exist and state that there is no solution at the moment.

Have you tried a very low resolution of 640 X 480 because this seems to work before you get to the login screen?

Have a look at: -

http://club.vaio.sony.co.uk/clubvaio/GB/en/forum/viewthread?thread=39889
http://club.vaio.sony.co.uk/clubvaio/gb/en/forum/viewthread?thread=40255
http://club.vaio.sony.co.uk/clubvaio/GB/en/forum/viewthread?thread=39185

and you will find many more if you search for 'Samsung'

:slight_frown:

packetloss
Visitor

Thanks for the reply Blencogo,
thats damn annoying cos my monitor was expensive and so was my Vaio!!!!!
But I guess it's good to know that it's not something that I am doing wrong causing the problem.

Some of the linked posts suggest a hard wiring problem in the vga port but I don't see how this can be the case if I am able to initially get a good picture. I think it's a driver issue but then I guess there are three players to blame each other, Sony, Samsung & Intel.

As I say, the image works fine (although not greatest resolution) if I pass the connection through a KVM switch.

I was going to get a Matrox DualHead2Go box & see if the image works OK through that.
I have multi-pc set up and the monitor works great on those so wont be going back - but you can bet that my next laptop wont be a Vaio when I come to replace it next year unless I can sort this out.

Thanks again for your reply to my post