Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO VGN-CR31E/L RECOVERY DVD

oluyose
Visitor

VAIO VGN-CR31E/L RECOVERY DVD

I made recovery discs from the wizard on my computer, however 1 of the discs has a scratch in it and I didn’t realize it until I started the restore. So I tried to reboot my system normally and it says “operating system not found.” so unfortunatly I need new discs. Pls how do i go about getting the recovery DVD?. can i get it?

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi oluyose ,

welcome to Club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

You're Vaio has a hidden HDD recovery partition so as long as it has not been deleted you should be able to recover your Vaio back to the original installed OS and programs just as it was when you first used your Vaio.

To do this Start your Vaio and when you see the Vaio logo screen press F10 repeatedly this normally would start the recovery process..

Once your vaio is recovered you can create another set of recovery discs.. :wink:

oluyose
Visitor

Thanks Thalamus but it is still asking for the recovery disc. what next to do?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi oluyose,

it's a long shot but if you have access to another PC you try burning a copy of the scratched disc..

Did you remove the recovery disc from the CD/DVD before pressing F10 because usually the hidden HD partition is used so therefore doesn't require a disc.. :thinking:

If all else fails you should be able to order a set of recovery disc's for your Vaio via Sony Vaio support,to find contact details for Sony Vaio support..

Open Vaio support, either by clicking Support at the top of this page or use the following link:Vaio support

Under Log-in option 2: Select your VAIO model, next to Select Model Category - Select your model from the drop down list, in your case VGN CR.

Then next to Select Model - select CR31E/L

Then click Log-In

Once logged select Get In Touch

oluyose
Visitor

thanks. didn't get any reply from them but installed win7 but cannot get vaio musicbox to work because the vaio content folder setting did not install. how can i get it installed pls?