Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO update recognises a different VAIO model

profile.country.en_GB.title
xaveak
Explorer

VAIO update recognises a different VAIO model

Hello!

I have a Sony VAIO VPC-EB1Z1E model. The model number in my VAIO update states that it is a VPC-EB1E0E which it is not and the serial number is different from the number at the bottom of my laptop. How can I fix my VAIO update, so that it will recognise this laptop correctly? :slight_smile:

Thank you in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi xaveak,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Could you login to Vaio support using the serial number on the base of your vaio and let us know what model it states please.?

Open Vaio support, either by clicking Support at the top of this page or use the following link:Vaio support

profile.country.en_GB.title
xaveak
Explorer

I have already done this before posting this question. If I insert the serial number on the bottom of the laptop VPCEB1Z1E/B pops out if I insert the one in VAIO update it says VPCEB1E0E/WI. And I'm sure it's not this model because I don't have a white laptop and the hardware is different :slight_smile:

Also, I have checked bios and it recognises it as a VPCEB1E0E as well. Weird.

So my answer is VPCEB1Z1E/B.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi xaveak ,

If you are happy too please send the following via Private Message to either Blencogo or me and we'll forward them onto someone from Vaio support who will hopefully contact you..

Serial number on the base of your Vaio

The other serial number in the BIOS

Your name, contact number &/or email address