Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio SVZ1311C5E + VGP-PRZ20C + WINDOWS 10

profile.country.en_GB.title
svzuser
Explorer

Vaio SVZ1311C5E + VGP-PRZ20C + WINDOWS 10

i have win 7 intalled on my laptop.
i want to upgrade to windows 10 pro and i need to know how i can get my vgp-prz20c to work with my laptop svz1311c5e.

i have upgraded to win10 pro and the vgp-prz20c docking station does not work as an accelerated notebook display.

the catalyst control centre options go down to only a couple of options without the Desktop management, Video, Gaming, performance.

basically, if i attach the vgp-prz20c to my vaio laptop, the only thing that changes/works are the usb port and the dvd/cd drive on the dock. nothing else works.

the device manager does show up 2 display drivers, one the intel 4000 and the amd hd 6600m but it doesnt do anything.

i know sony says after upgrading to win 10 , if you attach the dock you get a bluescreen, i didnt get a bluescreen , however the dock just doesnt work like a switchable graphics as it does in win 7.

so if anyone knows please help as i really want to upgrade and be able to use my dock with my vaio.

thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi SVZUser,

Sony did not even support Windows 8 on the Z-Series Vaios.

This Vaio needs a single Hybrid AMD RadeonT HD 7670M and Intel® HD Graphics 4000 graphics driver to switch from Intel to AMD graphics and one was not developed for Win8. Sony said at the time that this model should not be upgraded from Windows 7 or the dock would not work.

However, it is now some time since Windows 8 was released and someone may have found a fix. Try Google - I have not heard of a fix.

:thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
svzuser
Explorer

thanks for your reply.

its windows 10 im talking about. but i still see what you mean.

I have been looking for a solution to this since win 10 came out and i couldnt find one.

however there are ALOT of people posting this problem in different websites and noone seems to know how to fix it, so i thought Sony might have found a solution by now due to these products being very EXPENSIVE!

How hard can it be? probably just a driver and a software.

I reverted back to win 7 for now and i think i will keep it that way until a solution comes up.

Its a shame because i use the dock all the time.

thanks anyways.