Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO ON LINUX ..

Malloc
Visitor

VAIO ON LINUX ..

Hello,

I am using FEDORA CORE 4 LINUX system.
I have 2 questions;
1-I could not use hotkeys for brightness the screen or control the volume .

2-I have a speaker (WitSound) works just with USB instead of electricity. (gets energy from USB drive) when I put this to the USB sound comes from speakers instead of speakers which inside of comp AT WINDOWS XP.

But when I want to use these speakers at LINUX . They are no voices at this speakers.

6 REPLIES 6
Malloc
Visitor

who will answer me, what is the advantage of club vaio if you dont help me ?

carthorian
Visitor

Sounds typical linux, driver problem. Don't think a lot of people can realy help you out here. Most people who post here can't get their windows drivers working properly.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

....what is the advantage of club vaio if you dont help me ?

The advantage of Club Vaio is that you can chat and exchange experiences with other Vaio users. As Carthorian states, not may of us use Linux and thus the lack of replies to your post.

That said, have a look here for some tips on Linux and Vaio's.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
in4rm
Visitor

I've had my FJ170/W for a bit now and I;m really pleased, but I;ve seen the same issue as you're describing. I;m using Ubuntu 5.10 but I;m going to get rid of that in favour of my own distribution. Unfortunately, I haven't got time to hack a real solution to our little issue, but a makeshift solution would be something like this:

get the sonypi module and spicctrl applet compiled and running on your system. Then hook up a hot key combo for your favourite windowmanager to run a little script that calls 'spicctrl -b nnnn' where nnnn is something between 0 and 255. You might want the script to read/write the value in some dotfile in your $HOME dir.

I;m sure there are better ways of doing this, but the above should work without actually having to break out the C Compiler.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Hi,

No one seems to have written any hotkey utility due to the fact Sony won't support the Linux community

Malloc
Visitor

Hi,

No one seems to have written any hotkey utility due to the fact Sony won't support the Linux community

then maybe you can write a solution?