Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Club

Stefan-nbg
Visitor

Vaio Club

Hello,

my english is not so good but I trie to describe my problem.

When I click on vaio club icon I get an box titled "My club Vaio". The message is "Please connect to the internet to download the latest version of My Club Vaio". Can you help?!

best regards

stefan

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Stefan,

Do the posts in this similar thread offer a solution..?

Stefan-nbg
Visitor

hi

Have I to copy the filesvapp_synch.xml and SynchApp.swf from this folder C:\ProgramData\Sony\MyClubVAIO\SynchTemp to this folder C:\ProgramData\Sony\MyClubVAIO?

On my notbook does not exist the folder C:\ProgramData\Sony\MyClubVAIO\SynchTemp only the folder C:\ProgramData\Sony\MyClubVAIO\temp_synch6 is this the same?

Regards

stefan

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Stefan,

I believe so.. :thinking:

Stefan-nbg
Visitor

hi,

this doesnt work, i get the message "my club vaio can only be installed by user:"

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Have you tried to right-click on My Club Vaio, and "Run As Administrator"..?

Maybe someone with Vista can confirm the folder names..??

Stefan-nbg
Visitor

yes i run it as admin

Lethics
Visitor

Hello,

I had the same problem and I decided to delete the exe from the directory myclubvaio in programs files.

Now I don't have any problem on startup but I don't have acces to this application...

Is it possible to reinstall it or the newest version of vaio club is an online version only accessible by a web browser?

ps: Sorry for my english I'm from Belgium so my born language is french :wink:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Lethics,

welcome to Club Vaio..

Unfortunately, unless this has changed, the only way to re-install MY Club Vaio is to run the Vaio recovery utility and restore your Vaio back to the original settings..

To check if My Club Vaio is available to re-install go to Start > All Programs > Vaio Recovery Tool and click on Vaio Recovery utility.

Once the Vaio Recovery utility has loaded, click the options button and select Recovery Specific Applications that were pre-installed, click OK, then Yes and Yes again.

Select My Club vaio if it's listed and click install..

Lethics
Visitor

Hi,

I have choice to let down vista I think that's not normal to buy a progamme with so much bugs... and I've installed Ubuntu Feisty Fawn.

All works but webcam not at this time.

++