Join now - be part of our community!

Sound drivers needed for VGC-V2M

A-lastair-M
Visitor

Sound drivers needed for VGC-V2M

For some reason each time I adjust volume or try sound it says:

"There are no active mixer devices available. You may install or activate mixer devices from Control Panel. This application will now exit."

No it's not that it has been disabled. Apparently it thinks I don't have a sound card installed but I do. I don't know what has happened.

Where can I download the sound drivers for the VGC-V2M (specific link please).

Thanks.

By the way, there's no chance of changing usernames is there? I don't even remember registering as this. It was over 2 years ago and I had to recover the password.

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi A-lastair-M,

Welcome to Club vaio, :slight_smile:

You can download the Pre-installed drivers for you V2M from here ... :slight_smile:

A-lastair-M
Visitor

Hi A-lastair-M,

Welcome to Club vaio, :slight_smile:

You can download the Pre-installed drivers for you V2M from here ... :slight_smile:

Hi,

I downloaded these drivers before but wasn't sure what to do with them. Which is the correct folder in the Zip for the sound drivers and what exactly do I do?

Cheers.

A-lastair-M
Visitor

The install file does not work in the audio folder. Nothing happens.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi A-lastair-M,

Do you still have Audio drivers in C:\Drivers\Audio, if so have you tried using those.. :thinking:

A-lastair-M
Visitor

Hi A-lastair-M,

Do you still have Audio drivers in C:\Drivers\Audio, if so have you tried using those.. :thinking:

Yeah. I used them but nothing happend. When I clicked on the file the egg timer just came up then went. Is it meant to? I don't know if it did it really quick. For some reason when I turned it on this morning the sound was working. I think it's because I forgot to restart, but I didn't know I had to as I didn't think anything happened.

Thanks.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

:cool: Glad your sound is now working.. :slight_smile: