Join now - be part of our community!

Sony VGN-FS215B Drivers

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
tonyhillside
Visitor

Sony VGN-FS215B Drivers

Have just finished refurbishing a VGN-FS215B and installed windows XP.

Obviously I can find the drivers on the site but attempts to download fail everytime.

I do not have this problem with other sites when downloading drivers but unable to

find another source.  Can anyone help please

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Tony,

The downloads work OK for me from here: -

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VGN-FS215B/updates

Are you downloading and installing all the items in the "Preinstalled Drivers and Utilities" first?  You cannot install an 'Update' from the Windows XP Tab until you have reinstalled the Preinstalled Software.

What messages are you getting when the download fails

How many times have you tried to download?  The Sony servers have been a little temperamental of late!

:thinking:

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Tony,

The downloads work OK for me from here: -

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VGN-FS215B/updates

Are you downloading and installing all the items in the "Preinstalled Drivers and Utilities" first?  You cannot install an 'Update' from the Windows XP Tab until you have reinstalled the Preinstalled Software.

What messages are you getting when the download fails

How many times have you tried to download?  The Sony servers have been a little temperamental of late!

:thinking:

tonyhillside
Visitor

Many thanks for your reply.

Your link points directly to where I am trying to download from.

I am attempting to download the preinstalled windows xp driver labelled as full driver package (at the bottom of the list).  I do not get an error message, the download just stops short of being complete (using firefox) and of course cannot open in winrar because it tells me the file is corrupted or not complete.

Will try again later today when I get home because it could just have been something as simple as a Sony Server problem.  Will let you know how I get on.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I would avoid WinRAR and just right-click on the downloaded .zip and choose 'Extract All'.

If you extract to C:\Drivers you can install from there.

:wink:

tonyhillside
Visitor

Know what you mean but have tried that and get the same response, file corrupt or incomplete.

tonyhillside
Visitor

Must have been Sony Servers as I have had no problems at all downloading drivers today.

Thanks for your help

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Good News!