Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio VGN-FE41M recovery discs help.

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
acyd_burn01
Visitor

Sony Vaio VGN-FE41M recovery discs help.

i know i'm being stupid but i really need help.. i did system recovery and now it's asking for an application recovery disc.. but i don't have one... can anybody here please tell me how can i get one from sony?? please... cuz i've been in the support part of their website but i don't know how i can order it from them.. please help.. thanks.. :slight_smile:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

As you are out of the warranty period, you will need to contact Vaio Support on a premium phone line to order the replacement discs.

If you go to the after sales service website here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/index.aspx?m=0&l=en_GB

and enter your Vaio's Serial Number you will be told that you are no longer in Warranty. Click on 'Get in Touch' and you will find the premium phone number.

From the UK the number is 0905 0310006

:wink:

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

As you are out of the warranty period, you will need to contact Vaio Support on a premium phone line to order the replacement discs.

If you go to the after sales service website here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/index.aspx?m=0&l=en_GB

and enter your Vaio's Serial Number you will be told that you are no longer in Warranty. Click on 'Get in Touch' and you will find the premium phone number.

From the UK the number is 0905 0310006

:wink:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi acyd_burn01,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

You did not mention how you performed a system recovery but thought I'd mention that your vaio should have a hidden HDD recovery partition, do you know if this is still intact.?

If the recovery partition is intact you should be able to restore the  Sony supplied Windows OS and the pre-installed applications without the need of disc's..

To  do this Start your Vaio and when you see the Vaio logo press the F10  key repeatedly, hopefully this should start the recovery process using  the hidden HDD recovery partition.

Then follow the recovery instructions to complete the process..

If this does not work then Blencogo's suggestion is the way forward..

acyd_burn01
Visitor

thank you very much for your help..

acyd_burn01
Visitor

@Thalamus. i performed the system recovery by pressing F10.. the reason why i did system recovery was because i keep on getting the Blue screen.. i tried to do a system recovery by using the recovery utitlity tool thing but it won't work because it kept on saying something about the HDD thing.. so that's when i did system recovery... the computer works fine for now, ic an use the internet and things.. it's just that when i was doing the system recovery the last part of the process was the application recovery thing.. and it keeps on asking for a recovery disc. since i don't have any disc whatsoever i am stuck with that thing for now.. thank you for your help though.. :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

it's just that when i was doing the system recovery the last part of the  process was the application recovery thing.. and it keeps on asking for  a recovery disc. since i don't have any disc whatsoever i am stuck with  that thing for now..

Hi,

have you tried just pressing enter when the message appears because usually the recovery process should complete the application instalation from the hidden HDD partition..

Another option that you could try is (the process may be slightly different on your vaio)...

Goto Start > All Programs > Vaio Recovery Tool and click on Vaio Recovery utility.

Once  the Vaio Recovery utility has loaded, click the options button and  select Recovery Specific Applications that were pre-installed, click OK,  then Yes and Yes again.,

Unfortunately not all applications are available for recovery in this way..

jimbob_ttn
Visitor

I'm having exactly the same problem. I had a virus so wanted to completely restore the laptop to factory settings.

I used the F10 method, and on restarting it asks for the Recovery Disc. I haven't got any recovery discs and stupidly hadn't made my own before having this issue.

I can access everything else on the laptop by pressing Alt+Tab to get to the normal desktop, Start menu, etc. But the dialogue box asking for the recovery discs is in the background and there's no way to skip it. OK is the only option, and if you don't insert the recovery disc, pressing OK just results in the message re-appearing.

I've tried inserting another software disc and installing the software to try and 'dupe' it into thinking I've done what it wants. But that doesn't work!

Every time I restart the laptop I get this Vaio Recovery Utility dialogue box requesting the recovery discs.

Does anyone know if there's a way to get past this, or am I going to have to buy a set of recovery discs?