Join now - be part of our community!

SCREEN PLAYING UP/PLEASE HELP

catweazel
Visitor

SCREEN PLAYING UP/PLEASE HELP

Hi Can any one help,i have downloaded i think all the latest drivers for my Vaio notebook,because when i switched it on the screen size only fills the monitor 3/3rds,leaving 3ins of black border all around the screen.Have tryed to reset this,but no luck.If you could help,this would be much appreciated.

Regards

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Sounds like you need to reinstall your video driver.

What model Vaio do you have?
What operating system are you using - XP or Vista?
Are you using the original operating system?

:thinking:

catweazel
Visitor

Sounds like you need to reinstall your video driver.

What model Vaio do you have?
What operating system are you using - XP or Vista?
Are you using the original operating system?

:thinking:

HI,the model of my Vaio laptop is VGN-FS115S,and the opperating system,is windows xp.I did do a repair using window xp disk.The original disk was xp.and i have tryed to find out what the correct drivers are for the graphics are to use,as the sound went as well,but after downloading and installing the audio drivers,i have got sound,but still the veiwable windows,is still only 2/3rds.The display is showing 1024 by 768 pixels,and the colour quality is 32 bit.If you could help.or any other member,could help this would be great.
also ,my e-mail address is brian@tate406.fsnet.co.uk.

Best regards

catweazel
Visitor

Hi,could any one help me find the correct graphic driver for,my Laptop,that is running windows xp,as the screen has decided to shrink to 2/3rds,leavig a 2-3ins black border running all around the veiwable monitor.I have already done a windows repair,but with no effect.Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank from a (newbe)

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Go to Device Manager and expand Display Adaptors. Right-Click on NVidia 6200 and choose uninstall. Reboot your Vaio and try to set the screen resolution.

If this does not work download the latest Sony driver.

The latest Sony Driver is NVIDIA GeForce Go 6200 Graphics Driver Version 7.0.8.6 for Windows XP.

Download this driver from here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.co.uk/downloads/info/info.asp?site=voe_en_GB_cons&url=Downloads/NV/D/VID/NV...

:wink:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Go to Control Panel -> Display -> Settings

and set the correct screen resolution of 1280x800

If this is not available, reinstall the driver.

:wink:

catweazel
Visitor

Hi,the highest the screen resolution,will go to is 1024 by 768,so i downloaded the driver,and when i doubled clicked on this to open,it asked me if i wanted to open all.This i done,then i went to device manager,but no display adapters were showing,so could not delete anything.Tryed opening this again,and then rebooted to see,if this would make any difference,but nothing happened.Still the same,and no display adapter is showing.Would i be better to give up,and to do a new restall,or would this not make any difference.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi catweazel,

What is currently listed in Device manager > Display adapters.?

catweazel
Visitor

Hi catweazel,

What is currently listed in Device manager > Display adapters.?

Hi, Thanks for replying. But when i open up device manager,there is no icon showing for,Display adapters,even when i click on all the +,so i think that i do not have any display adapters,in device mananger.So could any one help me,and tell me were i go from here.I tryed downloading all the driver,that came origionaly.but each time that i open,and reboot,nothing happens.And still no display adapter is showing in device manager.

Catweazel

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Do you have any unknown devices listed.?