Join now - be part of our community!

NV105 Laptop LCD Screen Problem

twinkletwinkle
Visitor

NV105 Laptop LCD Screen Problem

Hi There

We recently had our lcd screen replaced as the original one got damaged. We did a complete wipe of the machine before it went into repair and a reinstall of the OS.

The screen looks sharp and just like the old one. But I have noticed that when using an app like Adobe Premiere LE the base grey window has loads of short 1" horizontal lines shooting across it like interference from something, the desktop and app windows that sit infront of the base window look fine. I did update drivers and bios when the machine came back so now I don't know whether it is a hardware fault or not. What I'm sure about is that it's not OS specific because I also have Linux Fedora Core 2 installed and that shows the same horizontal lines always.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I need to send it back to the repairers if it's their fault.

13 REPLIES 13
Psaila
Visitor

Welcome To Club VAIO .

IMHO , Its A fault , I would return to service .

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

If it is out of warranty I would open it up and check the connections. Often loose connections can cause this.

TygerTyger
Visitor

Even if it's out of warranty just send it back. If you just had it repaired they maybe just knocked something loose as Fee says. Best to get them to do it. Free of charge for corrections of course :cool:

kee-lo_

Tyger,

It's Kee-Lo........

TygerTyger
Visitor

Yeah I know I was calling you Fee-Lo affectionately. It's a really irritating thing I do when I'm matey with someone. I change their name. Go figure lol. Sorry anyway you got enough stress in the world without TygerPrat deliberately mis-spelling ur name lol.

tellingd
Visitor

I was calling you Fee-Lo affectionately.

That is SO sweet! :kissing_heart:

kee-lo_

Sorry I just hate it, no idea why.
Thinking of taking a few days off from CV....

TygerTyger
Visitor

That is SO sweet! :kissing_heart: 

Quiet you.

kee-lo_

:laughing: I've been wanting to say that all day, sorry DT....