Join now - be part of our community!

My Bro Delete My XP

DrMaDGr
Visitor

My Bro Delete My XP

My bro format my c: and reinstall new win xp but i want to recovery on my official win but sony recovery don't work how i can restore my old software to my pc ? Fs115m
plz i need help :grin: i am a noob :grin:

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi DrMaDGr,

Welcome to Club vaio, :slight_smile:

Did you create a set of recovery disc's, if so you can follow this guide to recover your Vaio back to the factory settings.. :slight_smile:

Keti
Visitor

I'm afraid I'm in a similar situation. I have a Vaio VGN-TX1XP and didn't create recovery disks and which has been reformatted.

Is there any way of getting hold of recovery disks, buying them to reset the notebook to its original settings?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Keti

Just to be sure the recovery partition has been deleted you could try pressing F10 repeatedly when starting you vaio, this normally would start the recovery process..

If that does not work then you will have to contact Vaio-Link to purchase a new set of recovery DVD's..:smileysad:

DrMaDGr
Visitor

i don't have a resque disk now ?

DrMaDGr
Visitor

Any help here plz ?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

If you did not make Recovery discs and have deleted the Recovery Partition by reformatting the drive you will have to purchase a new set of discs from Vaio-Link (about €90).

This is why every Vaio prompts you to make the recovery discs when you first buy it.

:slight_frown:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi DrMaDGr

Just to be sure the recovery partition has been deleted you could try pressing F10 repeatedly when starting you vaio, this normally would start the recovery process..

If this does not work then as Blencogo stated you will have to purchase a new set of discs from Vaio-Link (about €90). :slight_frown:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Id make your brother pay for them.

Keti
Visitor

I'd just like to say thanks to Thelamus, I owe you a drink
I tried the F10 button and lo and behold recovery took me through reinstalling the operating system and all the original software, which I promise not to touch now it's been returned.

Thanks again