Join now - be part of our community!

hotkey and recovery problem

PretenderMP
Visitor

hotkey and recovery problem

I recently bought a vaio fs315m and I'm kinda happy with it. I was kinda dissapointed that there was no recovery cd with it and that made my problem even worse.

I deleted the event service program a few days ago, not knowing you need that program to use the hotkeys. After I found out I needed that prog, I installed it from the preinstalled files, but it doesn't work. I reinstalled every util to make sure I didn't do anything wrong. I also reinstalled the chipset driver.

Now I got a bigger problem. I can't use the recovery util anymore. I says I'm not using a sony vaio computer. I guess this appeared after I reinstalled the chipset drivers.

What can I do about this? I don't want to purchase a recovery cd, cause in principal it should already be with the notebook. The computer still works except for the hotkeys. It's enough to annoy me though.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

Click a few times F10 if you boot your VAIO (as if you would like to go into the BIOS).
The recovery tool should start and you should be able to burn your disks.
Make sure that booting via optical drive is enable, insert the first DVD and recover your VAIO. The second DVD should contain the included Software.

PretenderMP
Visitor

thanks for that.. I need to make a backup soon.

anyway, I fixed my problem. I installed all the software in a specific order.
utils installer 1... utils installer 2 .... etc..

that seemed to fix the problem

Now I can use the recovery tool as well.