Join now - be part of our community!

FZ21Z lights on front edge.

Chanandler
Visitor

FZ21Z lights on front edge.

Does anyone know what the flashing sequence of the battery indicator on the front edge of the laptop means?

At the moment it is flashing twice quickly and then resting for a few seconds before repeating. The battery is connected and so is the charger.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Page 19 of your manual - "About the Indicator Lights"

It flashes twice when charging. It flashes once when the power adaptor is not connected and it is in need of charging.

ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/pub/Manuals/Notebooks/FZ2/FZ2_H_EN.pdf

:wink:

Chanandler
Visitor

I've got manuals?? :slight_smile:

Thanks for that, I have been having nothing but grief with this notebook since getting it the other night, I think that the battery / charger / whole thing is faulty as not only does the charger cut out during charging but both charger and battery get really hot, the system keeps shutting itself down and if you pick it up whilst it is on and tilt it forwards the power just shuts off. Not to mention the battery only lasts for 30 minutes when it eventually does decide to charge 😞

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

That doesn't sound right. It obviously has a fault.

If it was me, I'd take it back to where you bought it and ask for it to be exchanged.

:slight_frown:

Chanandler
Visitor

Yeah I have been onto Sony tech support and they reckon it is a faulty battery and charger so they are sending me replacement later this week.

I tried taking it back to the store but they mysteriously had run out of stock in the whole of the South of England so could only offer me a refund and even though it is not happy at the moment I couldn't give my lovely shiny new laptop away :slight_smile: