Join now - be part of our community!

Firewire

NicVH
Visitor

Firewire

Hi,

I just bought an Sony Vaio Notebook VGN-SZ3XP/C and I have a little question. I want to edit some movies with Adobe Premiere Studio Pro. I have the software, so that isn't the problem. For my gamecompany I need to capture in-game action from videogames. For this I have a analogue to digital converter from Miglia. But to connect the Miglia capture device to a computer, there is only one option; trough firewire. I have the cable but I don't see anything on my notebook were I can plug it in. Are their coverters from USB to firewire or something else? Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

Your computer has an i-link port, it's the same as firewire(IEEE1394) but has only 4 pins. You will need a 6 pin to 4 pin firewire cable.

The only difference between the 4 pin and 6 pin firewire is that the 6 pin carries power but the 4 pin doesn't.

NicVH
Visitor

Your computer has an i-link port, it's the same as firewire(IEEE1394)  but has only 4 pins.  You will need a 6 pin to 4 pin firewire cable.

The only difference between the 4 pin and 6 pin firewire is that the 6 pin carries power but the 4 pin doesn't.

Great but were can I find this i-link port? :thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

See below

NicVH
Visitor

Ok, thanks a lot. The stupid thing is that I don't have a cable for that! :cry:

Can you order it or something?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert