Join now - be part of our community!

Faulty hard drive on VPCF12S1E/B - Help!!!!!

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
dunbabin
Visitor

Faulty hard drive on VPCF12S1E/B - Help!!!!!

I have only had my Vaio VPCF12S1E/B for 3 months, and have had to send it back to Sony. They replaced the Hard Drive.

I would have thought that after 3 months, I would have been entitled to a new machine, having bought it from the Sony Shop.

However, nobody at the shop was interested in offering me a new machine, and neither were the repair people at Sony, interested in giving me a new machine, saying it was not their responsibility in offering me a new machine.

Yet if I had taken my machine back to say, John Lewis, if I had bought it from there - I bet I would have been offered a refund.

I would like to know, if it is a common problem I have had, with F12 machines - a faulty Hard Drive, and if after 3 months use, I should have been entitled to a new machine.

I personally have a feeling that this is a common problem - that nobody wants to admit to at Sony.

This is my second Sony, after having one for 8 years. - But I wont get a Sony again.

Their customer service is very poor - and nobody wants to take responsibility.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I don't think any seller would offer a replacement or a refund after 3 months, especially when there was no fault when the machine was purchased and the hard drive fault appeared later.

Sony are fulfilling their warranty obligations by replacing the drive free of charge.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I don't think any seller would offer a replacement or a refund after 3 months, especially when there was no fault when the machine was purchased and the hard drive fault appeared later.

Sony are fulfilling their warranty obligations by replacing the drive free of charge.