Join now - be part of our community!

bios Vaio PCG-K115s

mystudio
Visitor

bios Vaio PCG-K115s

Who can tell me how to access the bios in this vaio? Is there a more detailled view than the bios you'll access when you press F2 after booting? How 'bout settings of your HD and things like that?

Thanx in advance. Marco

26 REPLIES 26
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Who can tell me how to access the bios in this vaio? Is there a more detailled view than the bios you'll access when you press F2 after booting? How 'bout settings of your HD and things like that? 

Thanx in advance. Marco

Sadly, the extended BIOS is hidden away, so it's not viewable to the public.

You'd need to be a service engineer.

mystudio
Visitor

Well, as I consider myself as a qualified engineer............

Someone give me the key!

Think the k serie is too new to find the key on the internet. But, if someone has ideas.......how does it work with other notebooks from sony?

tellingd
Visitor

Well, as I consider myself as a qualified engineer............

I think Kee-Lo meant that you had to be a Sony engineer.

kee-lo_

Thats exactly what I meant Dave

scubadiver
Visitor

And what's the point in that other than Sony making more money by restricting access. Only someone who knows what they are doing would fiddle with the extended BIOS settings, so if they ask for access then they should be able to get it. Afterall its their own notebook so why not be able to get to all the settings. Or am i missing the point.:smileyconfused:

tellingd
Visitor

To be honest Scuby, I've no idea why Sony do this. Although I understand that they're not the only company to do so.

kee-lo_

They restrict the BIOS to make it easier for the engineers to fix issues.

scubadiver
Visitor

There's a point in that i suppose, but for me that would be annoying as i can fix the things myself anyway - normally - but failing that my mate does it for me.

Hmmm found the flaw in that point as my mates in Stafford, UK & i'm in Cyprus.

kee-lo_

There's a point in that i suppose, but for me that would be annoying as i can fix the things myself anyway - normally - but failing that my mate does it for me.

Hmmm found the flaw in that point as my mates in Stafford, UK & i'm in Cyprus.

Yeah I can see why it would be a pain