Join now - be part of our community!

SONY KD65XE7093 Most Apps Not working. Unable to Network with PC

profile.country.GB.title
marshbayman
Explorer

SONY KD65XE7093 Most Apps Not working. Unable to Network with PC

Just purchased a NEW KD65XE7093 TV from Amazon. On trying to connect to Amazon App, it would not work. Checked All the installed Apps.

Found only the 3 BBC Apps :- I Player , News , Sport working correctly.

When selecting Amazon or any other App, the following :-  "The Privacy Policy Failed to Load" is displayed along with an OK button. On selecting OK, the NETFLIX Startup screen is displayed ??. Same for all other Apps, inc ITV,All4,Demand5 You Tube etc,etc. Have tried numerous times, always same response. 

The You Tube & Netflix buttons on the Remote seem to work correctly.

I also seem to be unable to display Photo's,Music,Video from my PC on the TV, although the TV is clearly shown in the Shared Devices section on the Windows 10 PC. Luckily I own a PS4 which actually seems to work !

Hoipe this issue is going to be resolved soon, especially as it was posted as an issue on 14th Nov 2017, about 1 month before I purchased this TV !! Sadly, I did not know this at the time !

Software Version V8.500-1000-1.100-02.

Regards

M.Besant

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi marshbayman, 

Welcome to the community. It's worth contacting Sony Support about this to see what they suggest. 

Thanks,

Pascale_F

profile.country.GB.title
marshbayman
Explorer

Submitted 2 E Mails to Sony Support a couple of days ago. Still awaiting a response.

Very difficult to accept that something as relatively straightforward as an App cannot be produced to work properly .

profile.country.GB.title
marshbayman
Explorer

Pascale. Still yet to get a response from Sony Support. Now been around 3-4 weeks. Not a very good advert !