Join now - be part of our community!

Sony BRAVIA KDL43WF663BU crashes and really slow

profile.country.GB.title
storm138
New

Sony BRAVIA KDL43WF663BU crashes and really slow

Dear Sony Community,

We own TWO Sony BRAVIA KDL43WF663BU TV's, one in our principle home (London) and the second in a second home (South Wales). Both were bought in March/April 2020 just before Lock Down one.  We had a problem getting the first and bought the second from another supplier.  We ended up with two and decided to then use them at different properties.  Both properties have the same Broadband set up/supplier and the same router.  Both TVs are wired to the router, and do not use wifi. 

The principle TV is very slow when trying to navigate streaming series like BBC iPlayer or ITV or All4. It also crashes on a regular basis, freezes or prevents the button controller from adjusting the channel or volume.  It has been updated and I believe has auto updates. 

The second TV behaviours as we expected, despite being in a remote part of Wales. 

The principle TV was from Richer Sounds and has a six year warranty. 

Any advice in order to fix this?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey storm138, I don't think this is related to network to begin with, so let's try few steps together.

First try unplugging the TV from the mains while disconnecting any external device for few minutes.

There was a recent update, check the below link on how to know the current version and how to update if it's not the latest:

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/lcd-tvs-wf66x_w66xf-series/kdl-43wf663/software/00257917

Let me know how it goes.