Join now - be part of our community!

Picture Blackout

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
ProPhoto1
Visitor

Picture Blackout

Hello Everyone,

Have just aquired first flat screen HD TV - KDL-40HX723.

Superb picture and very pleased.

Has anyone came across this problem?

NON HD transmissions absolutely perfect.

Switch to Ch(s) 50 - 54 the HD versions and every few moments the screen blacks out for probably less than one second, like a frame missing in a movie film.

My aerial supplier suggested that since we went digital the transmitters were boosted and that combined with the fact that I have a mains powered signal booster in the loft (from previous crt tv) I am overloading the tv and that I could bypass the booster and if necessary fit an attenuator.  I have bypassed the booster and the problem has all but been eradicated just an ocasional blackout.

Does anyone share this experience and how do I know how much to attenuate the signal ?

When I look at the menu I note that I have 100% signal quality and 95% signal strength.

Any help most welcome.

Many thanks,

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Catmambo
Contributor

Simple fix for this one :slight_smile: Your Tv just needs a firmware update to fix this issue. Can either plug it into the web directly or copy the update to USB.. Details on the specific support page for your TV.

Thanks

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Catmambo
Contributor

Simple fix for this one :slight_smile: Your Tv just needs a firmware update to fix this issue. Can either plug it into the web directly or copy the update to USB.. Details on the specific support page for your TV.

Thanks