Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia sound cuts out in freeview HD

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
grammyscotland
Visitor

Bravia sound cuts out in freeview HD

I have a 46HX803 and while watching in Freeview HD the sound intermittently cuts out

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Testcard

Does this only happen when watching Freeview HD channels, and not Freeview SD channels? Does the audio drop out when one scene cuts to the next? If so, this could be a dynamic switching issue whereby most Freeview HD channels are now switching between progressive and interlaced pictures during a programme. Sony fixed this issue with a firmware update some months ago.

Have a look here:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/KDL-46HX803/updates

and check you have the latest firmware. If not, follow the download instructions and this should fix the audio dropout problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Testcard

Does this only happen when watching Freeview HD channels, and not Freeview SD channels? Does the audio drop out when one scene cuts to the next? If so, this could be a dynamic switching issue whereby most Freeview HD channels are now switching between progressive and interlaced pictures during a programme. Sony fixed this issue with a firmware update some months ago.

Have a look here:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/KDL-46HX803/updates

and check you have the latest firmware. If not, follow the download instructions and this should fix the audio dropout problem.

profile.country.GB.title
thelad86
Explorer

I have the same problem and despite trying to update my tv just won't recognise my USB. Anyone any ideas why this is happening? It's a 16gb Scandisk Cruzer.:smileyconfused:

profile.country.GB.title
Testcard

One thought is to start with a completely fresh USB, formatted as FAT32. This has always worked for me in the past. Make sure you follow the download and unzipping instructions to the letter - this is where others seem to have issues :wink: