Join now - be part of our community!

C2105 - How much total internal storage should I have?

SOLVED
Jimmy152
Visitor

C2105 - How much total internal storage should I have?

Hi

Under the storage option within settings it states I have a total of 4.1 GB internal storage. I had always assumed this is an 8 GB model. If this is an 8 GB model, is it normal for the phone to be using near half of the internal storage leaving me with 4.1 GB?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jimmy152
Visitor

I should mention I have only 3.7gb available, with around 20mb of the total going towards apps. No pictures etc installed.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Jimmy152
Visitor

I should mention I have only 3.7gb available, with around 20mb of the total going towards apps. No pictures etc installed.
Jimmy152
Visitor

Have accidentally marked as solved. Hoping someone can still help.
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/products/phones/xperia-l/specifications/#tabs

Memory

• RAM: 1GB
  • Flash memory: Up to 8 GB**
  • Expansion slot: microSD card, up to 32 GB

** Memory comprises of approximate 1.2 GB firmware and 5.8 GB “Internal storage” for downloaded applications, music, pictures and films, and some application data.

As another user has previously posted

Xperia L in factory condition (without third party apps installed) has around 5,5 GB of free space divided between phone memory (1.5 GB) and internal storage (4 GB).

The remaining memory isn't user accessible and is occupied by OS and recovery partition.

You can use an external microSD card to increase available space but here you can't install apps but only put your personal files.