Join now - be part of our community!

New HT-CT370 Sound Bar issue: sound randomly cuts out!

drebus
Explorer

New HT-CT370 Sound Bar issue: sound randomly cuts out!

I wonder if anyone can help me.

I have just bought a HT-CT370 sound Bar which is all set up and working fine, but I am now finding that the sound bar & subwoofer randomly cuts out for a split second and the sound returns.

My set-up:

• I have connected the HT-CT370 sound bar to my Sony Bravia KDL 40R473A TV via the optical digital cable supplied.
  • My Sky box is linked directly into the TV’s HDMI ARC port with HDMI cable.
  • HDMI cable connects the DVD player to TV in one of the HDMI ports at side of TV.

The sound from the bar & subwoofer are working fine when watching Sky TV, through the DVD player, and is also ok playing music via Bluetooth on my IPhone.

The Issue:

The problem is no matter what I’m watching via Sky, DVD, or playing music via Bluetooth, the sound from the bar & subwoofer randomly cuts out now and again, and there seems to be no pattern or timing as to when this happens.

The subwoofer is located right next to the sound bar, and the connectivity seems fine.

I’ve moved my WIFI router to the other side of the house, and even turned it off to see if the interference is the problem, but it still continues.

Tried switching off the Sound Effects, tried all Sound Effects (Music, Movie, etc), even re-syncing the bar to the subwoofer again, but the cutting out still continues.

I do like this product, but I’m not sure what I can do to eliminate this problem, except to return it and get a refund due to this fault.

Any help and advice would be much appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Pavvy8

its highly recommended you connect the soundbar to the TVs ARC via HDMI and then everything else will play from the soundbar and sub as long as you have the Skybox and DVD player connected via HDMI

try the above- if problem still persists then i would recommend taking it back for replacement/repair