Join now - be part of our community!

hap-z1es bug with latest version v15261r

profile.country.GR.title
christoum
Explorer

hap-z1es bug with latest version v15261r

I have updated the latest firmware v15261r and since then i'm getting always the warning notification '?' when it comes to add music to the hard drive the update notification never stops to turn around. It is realy a bug in this version? I have erased everything and i added only one album and i was getting again the warning notification '?' even with just only one album. I also discover that the function 'get music info' not working.

Tags (1)
12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.GB.title
DavidSmith
Explorer

I am also getting exactly the same problem with the ? showing after the last upgrade to v15261r.  I lost all my sensme playlists and half my files lost their album artwork.  I assumed this was a disc corruption or some other metadata issue so I reset the machine to its factory setting.  I then, as christoum reported, I loaded a small number of files.  The ? is still appearing and all the files are showing as unregistered.  This looks like a significant bug.  Can I get the old sofware version back?

profile.country.GR.title
christoum
Explorer

I had a conversation with other persons with the exact same problem. They already have communicated with Sony's technical support and Sony respond back with the statement that they acknowledging the problem and that is a problem with gracenote. As they said technicians working to resolve the problem as soonest possible.

profile.country.GB.title
DavidSmith
Explorer

Thanks for your reply. I have also contacted technical support but not got an answer yet. Good to hear others have the same problem. Lets hope sony sort it out fast. David.

profile.country.GR.title
christoum
Explorer

David also here in Greece Sony's personel asked me for details and after that i am waiting for an answer. The conversation i had was with some people from the US. They post in convertasion the answer that they got from Sony's personel. I think it's a matter of time. Christopher.

profile.country.GB.title
DavidSmith
Explorer

Thank you for the information Christopher.

David.

profile.country.GR.title
christoum
Explorer

David i also saw in the conversation that i had that someone called gracenote to verify the story and the gracenote's support team said that this issue is known and the problem comes from sony's side. I also saw in sony's Germany support community that someone from sony respond and he told to the users that the problem is well known and working to fix it and there is no fault of the firmware but is was unfortunately accident as he said. I think that is a matter of time to fix this.

My best regards

Christopher

Schiebas
Explorer

I also have the problem that the update notification keeps turning. Now that is just irritating, because it means that the player doesn't switch automatically off, but my player also regularly suddenly stops playing. At first I thought the music files were corrupted, but it's random. So it must have something to do with the eternal synchronization process going on. Has anyone heard about a solution yet?

profile.country.GR.title
christoum
Explorer

Tell me if you just updated with the new version your library or you have done also a factory reset to the player after installing the new version? Because the factory reset solved all the problems for me. I know it's a painful situation to start building your library from the begging because the scan function it's not working at the most of the times and returns an error.Another question is if you are using the players hdd or you are using an exetrnal hdd?

Maybe something goes on with the hard drive like bad sectors. Try first to use another hard drive. If you using the players try an external or the opposite. I hope your issue goes away.

Tags (1)
Schiebas
Explorer

I sent the player to a repair shop recommended by Sony, when I had those
problems after the software update. They replaced the entire mainboard, but
without any effect. So then I did a factory reset, erasing the entire hard
disk, and I transferred all music again, that took abour four full days.
Just to make sure, I did an extra rescan of the database as well. The
problem is still the same.

I guess that the next step will be to replace the hard disk and transfer
the music again. Of course if the problem lies in the software, that won't
solve it either.