Join now - be part of our community!

GIGA JUKE Nas-S55HDE - DAB cuts out unit

profile.country.GB.title
p1lgrim
Explorer

GIGA JUKE Nas-S55HDE - DAB cuts out unit

Hi, I've had the unit for around 4 years, and despite the fact that Sony have failed to develop or support what started as a promising product, it still has pride of place and is something I cannot afford to replace.

It has suffered the "nightrider"blue light issue with the USB etc as in the other discussions, but has now developed a total failure.

It occured in stages, when switching to DAB we started to get a stuttering signal then the unit would cut out. After leaving it unplugged it would work ok (using FM just in case).

However, a few days ago, my wife switched the DAb function on and the unit cut out almost immediately. I unplugged, but now cannot get the unit to start again. It trys, God bless it, but on plugging in I get the blue bar and green light on the I/O button for around a second but then it switches straight to the flashing red light to indicate speaker-protection function. Oddly enough, when i cut the power supply/unplug, the red light continues to flash for 15 seconds?

Can anyone help or suggest a line to try?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_IE.title
POLLYBLU
Visitor

Hi

, I can't be of much help to you but wanted to agree that Sony have failed to develop and support this product and I have mine a few years also, you will have realised like me I am sure that it falls short on a lot of things, simple things that crop up while trying to perform certain functions..mine has started to go a bit strange in the last couple of weeks also and I am just hoping that it is not going to turn into another fiasco like last year...Hope you can find  a solution ....