Join now - be part of our community!

WF-1000XM4 headphones -Distorted sound from Youtube when connected to my Samsung TV

profile.country.GB.title
John27
New

WF-1000XM4 headphones -Distorted sound from Youtube when connected to my Samsung TV

I connected my WF-1000XM4 headphones via bluetooth to a Samsung TV.  Sound from the headphones is great when watching broadcast TV, recorded TV, DVD and through my Amazon Fire Stick with one notable exception. 

I like to watch Youtube via the Fire Stick but sound is distorted when using the WF-1000XM4 headphones (watching anything else via the Firestick has no distortion - only Youtube affected).  If I use the TV's own speaker or my soundbar, the sound is clear, it is just when I use the WF-1000XM4 headphones.  I've not had the distortion either on anything else I have used with these headphones, just Youtube played on the TV using the Fire Stick.

I am struggling to see where the problem is.  The tv works fine otherwise, as does the Fire Stick and the WF-1000XM4 headphones.  

Has anyone got any ideas what I can try/do?  

Grateful for any help?

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
TheMaze
Community Team

Hey @John27 

It seems to be a bug with the FireStick itself. Can you try testing another BT device with YouTube of your FireStick and check if the issue remains?

profile.country.GB.title
John27
New

Thank you for the suggestion.

I have factory reset both the fire stick and TV and run software updates.  Since then, the headphones seem to be working without distortion.  I have also tried a set of Samsung Pro 2 ear buds and they work OK as well.  I will keep monitoring things and see if this has now fixed things.  I will report back if not.