Join now - be part of our community!

?????????????? plus - how to speed up this site...

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
carpetmojo

?????????????? plus - how to speed up this site...

First - what's all that sport bit about ?

Didn't try to find out any more, thought it might be virussy !!

Second - look, I know it's not just me, but I'm visiting less & less, due mainly to feeling I'm losing years of my life waiting for the site to navigate me to log, reply, subject - in fact anything.

It's just ridiculous - especially if you are used to MobileRead, AV Forums, even Consumer Action Forum.

The first 2 are exceptional - AV for a very wide range of tech & software queries, and Mobile purely for ereader queries, and is the absolute tops, frankly, with make specific sections also, so Sony well covered. Try it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StartTheCar
Contributor

By way of an update I thought I would share a recent e-mail I received from our technical team who had also noticed speed and general performance issues with the forum.

' I would like to inform you that we’ve been experiencing some performance problems the last 2 weeks, which caused the Forum & Community website to slow down. Following the advice of our System Administrator, we decided to increase CPU and memory of Forum servers'

This should have happened last week and so it would be interesting to see if you have noticed a difference?!

Best regards

Lee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
StartTheCar
Contributor

carpetmojo

The “sport thing” would appear to be a bunch of scallywags (is that allowed?) who decided to use our Forum to deposit their Spam.  Sorry you had to see it, we initially thought it was just a couple of accounts that we could simply block, however at last count it seemed to be over 10.  A case of getting rid of when and two pop up in their stead. 

Our technical support team are looking into a more permanent solution 🙂

It was spending far to long on other forums, (especially AV forums) that convinced us that we had to provide a similar environment on our website.  Still early days and, believe it or not, something Sony is relatively knew at (Club Vaio aside) and so any an all feedback is very welcome.  Ultimately we want this forum to grow and constantly improve.  That cannot happen without all of you.

The point about the navigation speed is noted, and something I also find frustrating when using the forum day to day.  Again, this has been raised with the technical guys and girls who I know are also keen to see it improve. 

In the meantime, I appreciate you sticking with it.

Best regards

Lee

StartTheCar
Contributor

By way of an update I thought I would share a recent e-mail I received from our technical team who had also noticed speed and general performance issues with the forum.

' I would like to inform you that we’ve been experiencing some performance problems the last 2 weeks, which caused the Forum & Community website to slow down. Following the advice of our System Administrator, we decided to increase CPU and memory of Forum servers'

This should have happened last week and so it would be interesting to see if you have noticed a difference?!

Best regards

Lee

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Yeap it does seem faster now..:smileyhappy:

carpetmojo

Yes, it is better  -  in the right direction, shall we say..

( I  don't know about the last two weeks, it's been awful ever since I  started using it, so weren't they noticing anything before ?? )

Glad to hear other sites have been looked at - as I suggested, AV, MobleRead, Spyware Warriors, all have the same format and design elements, coupled with lightning fast response times. That's the standard to aim for, certainly.

Thanks for trying !    :slight_smile:

carpetmojo

I'll try this way - I have had two posts rejected because I brought up the topic of the hacking incidents that I have just heard on national TV in the UK.

I'm posting here because they let me post the above.

Just thought you should know you can't write about some subjects.

So much for improving the site...........................

Message was edited by: carpetmojo

StartTheCar
Contributor

As I have just posted an announcement of the same issue I am struggling to see why it would be a cause to mod a post.

The only concern I would have is that such a discussion may be better placed on the PlayStation site, where you can also get the very latest information of the issue

http://uk.playstation.com/home/news/articles/detail/item369506/PSN-Qriocity-Service-Update/

That being said, with the PS3 sat in so many homes it was always going to filter through to other areas.

I will take a look and see where yours posts went.  If I can find them, and assuming the content is of your normal level, I will move them back.

Best regards
Lee

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

I'll try this way - I have had two posts rejected because I brought up  the topic of the hacking incidents that I have just heard on national TV  in the UK.

I don't recall seeing your posts to be honest, but there are several post regarding the recent PS3 problem posted on twitter & other social media sites by Sony so I'm not sure why your posts would be removed from this forum...:smileyconfused:

When did you post these posts and in what section & what do you mean by rejected..:smileyconfused: