Join now - be part of our community!

Anyone else been told VAT back info not received on time? feel ripped off

profile.country.en_GB.title
suesmith1
Visitor

Anyone else been told VAT back info not received on time? feel ripped off

Bought a camcorder in December sent off the paperwork in time and waited and waited.Last week get a letter saying it was sent in too late. Just had a chat  with customer services (joke) and its tough luck

My response I am going to take it back to place of purchase say its faulty and get it exchanged for another manufacturers camcorder and then I will never buy or use Sony products again.

Big company, bad customer care.

If you have had the same problem why not do the same.

Sony VAT back nice idea but in reality like alot of offers you its a con as I found out

Be ashamed

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

You may wish to send Lee (StartTheCar) a PM with your story if your application was sent in good time.

He has agreed to investigate genuine cases.  See contact details in this discussion: -

https://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/message/)644384#644384

:thinking:

TomBassett
Visitor

well Lee [startthecar] is on a server down for maintenance so no luck their either...hmmmm :thinking:

TomBassett
Visitor

hi sue - has happened to me to!!

bought £409 Bravia TV at John Lewis on 13th December 2010 sent all paperwork off on 14th December 2010

letter from Diss office as yours, 'sorry your application received after end of offer!' arrived 26th Febuary [saturday]

phoned them monday to be told application received 2nd Feb and no it's not coincidence my letter arrived just 2 days after closure of offer date as they dealt with applications on a daily basis

when i pointed out the return letter had taken over 2 weeks to be printed before being posted. I was told bluntly not there problem that royal mail took over 6 weeks to deliver the letter and her manager has confirmed it's just tough.

I've asked BBC watchdog to investigate how many people have received this letter having sent there application in good time, so please go onto there website and add your details - they are the only organization who can get to the truth of this.

I have noticed the name of someone willing to look into this ...i'm assuming attached to sony?

but you know what, for a 2 day window sony management have considered it acceptable to keep £61.31 from a very good customer, knowing royal mail allegedly misplaced the letter for 6 weeks

All my working life i've chosen to buy sony products and pay a lot more for perceived quality

well that's not going to happen again...i feel very angry about this matter

Tom Bassett