Join now - be part of our community!

sony e-reader PRS-600

aleross52
Explorer

sony e-reader PRS-600

i have aquired a sony PRS-600 e-reader and have downloaded a few books,but when reading any of the books the text wording is fine but i find the are no pictures to accompany the book compared with a hardback/paperback book. could any one advise if i have missed something in the downloading system or is that how the early e-readers are designed.any advice greatly appreciated. 

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
carpetmojo

This may sound silly .... but are there pictures in the original ebook ?!

(You can check by opening them in whatever ebook management system you are using, and "read" them on your PC/laptop.)

As far as I know, the 600 handled pic's ok, as long as the ebook had them.

So, if the books are fiction, and pubdom, the original illustrations should be there. Non-fiction / ref books are more likely to have them,diagrams or photo's, but again, I would think the 600 handled them.

aleross52
Explorer

hi there,thanks for your reply.

am currently reading bobby robsons farewell but not goodbye,which has loads of pics in the hardback book.i have viewed the ebook downloaded on to my laptop & it does,nt show any pics at all.could it be something i have missed when doing the download ?

profile.country.en_GB.title
carpetmojo

The ebook should be the complete article - if it's a true version, it should have the pics, unless they specifically say the e-version does not contain pics......... very unlikely, I'd say.

You may have a corrupted file version.

Was it downloaded from a mainline retailer (Waterstones, Sony Store, etc.) or another online source ?

Because that's where you should address your concerns - doesn't sound right to me, I must say.