Join now - be part of our community!

Books show 'Microsoft Word' B4 filename even though a PDF

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Misterjudge
Visitor

Books show 'Microsoft Word' B4 filename even though a PDF

Hi,

I have a PRS 650, an have been saving lots of infor for uni on it. I have been saving these in PDF format and transferring to the eReader.

But the shown filenames on the eReader always have 'Microsoft Word' or 'Microsoft PowerPoint' then a hyphen in front of the filename that the document was saved as.

this causes a problem when selecting a book as it crops most of the file name off because it is showing the 'Microsoft Word -' text before the filename.

Is there anyway this can be edited off in the eReader? I have tried in the supplied software, and ensured the files when converted to PDF have the exact filename I want, but it always shows this suffix on the reader. Cery irritating!

Help!

Chris.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Chris,

welcome to the Club VAIO Questions & Answers forum..:smileyhappy:

As far as I'm aware the reader isn't remaining the files it's displaying the title from the PDF files metadata..:smileyconfused:

You should be able to do this with either Acrobat or Calibre, Calibre seems to be a popular program to organise your books..:smileywink:

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Chris,

welcome to the Club VAIO Questions & Answers forum..:smileyhappy:

As far as I'm aware the reader isn't remaining the files it's displaying the title from the PDF files metadata..:smileyconfused:

You should be able to do this with either Acrobat or Calibre, Calibre seems to be a popular program to organise your books..:smileywink:

profile.country.en_GB.title
Misterjudge
Visitor

Thanks Thalamus, I've looked at Calibre, so will download it later onto the Macbook where the eReader is connected and give it a go - looks like should do just what I need it to and then some!

Thankyou,

Chris.