Join now - be part of our community!

Handycam HDR-CX115E. Fuzzy screen- unable to use. Please help

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Tiggeratheart
Visitor

Handycam HDR-CX115E. Fuzzy screen- unable to use. Please help

Hi,

I have a Sony HD handycam- HDR-CX115E. I have only used it a couple of times in the two years I've had it but it was great. Today I got it out to take on my big/ exciting trip to Oz and the screen is red and so fuzzy that it is difficult to see anything. The screen hardly changes whether the lens cover is open or not. So it is currently unusable. The pics and videos that are saved on there remain viewable and very clear. Have I knocked a setting to cause this or is there a problem with the handycam itself? Advice would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks

Kara

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Does not sound good I am afraid, if older footage is fine but new recordings are fuzzy and have a colour cast then it does seem it will need to be looked at by the Sony Service Centre. Not sure what could be wrong here but I am unable to see anything in the settings to help fix this.

Regards

Teshi

View solution in original post

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @patalford and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

There is a reset button available on your camcorder.

You just have to press it with a pointed object :slight_smile:

Have a look here

for more details

Cheers

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Hi Kara

If you find that the end video footage once transferred is fine but the screen is "fuzzy" there could be one of two things, the screen itself is not exactly high resolution like you get with most phones etc since it is there to only display what you plan to record but it should be clear enough to make out everything.

The most likely reason is going to be that there is some sort of problem especially if the entire screen has a red hue over it. I would say something like that would be need to be looked at by the service centre.

Tiggeratheart
Visitor

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. The difficulty isn't solely with the screen unfortunately. It must be a problem with the lens because it records really fuzzy with a red hue too. Only old videos play clearly as they should.. Do you think it definitely needs to go into a sony centre?

Regards

Kara

Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Does not sound good I am afraid, if older footage is fine but new recordings are fuzzy and have a colour cast then it does seem it will need to be looked at by the Sony Service Centre. Not sure what could be wrong here but I am unable to see anything in the settings to help fix this.

Regards

Teshi

profile.country.GB.title
patalford
New

Same problem.

Messed around with the focus on a manual setting.

Then played around with the W and T setting on top of the camcorder.

Now its fine.

All these gadgets should have a restart to factory settings especially for ameteurs like me. 

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @patalford and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

There is a reset button available on your camcorder.

You just have to press it with a pointed object :slight_smile:

Have a look here

for more details

Cheers