Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Video stops working after 30 minutes

profile.country.CZ.title
mr.vaja
Explorer

Sony Video stops working after 30 minutes

after the Oreo update my 65XF9005 stops playing videos (mkv) after 30 minutes. This issue is also from internal streaming device and also from USB stick. Since it is exactli after 30 min I assume its a software issue. After freezing of picture and sound I have no other option than to restart the television and start from the same spot, but after 30 min. again... This was not the case before the update (I cant confirm this on the usb, but streaming was OK).

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @mr.vaja  and welcome to the UK Community :slight_smile:

What model TV do you have?

Was this an automatic update or did you install it yourself?

profile.country.CZ.title
mr.vaja
Explorer

HI,

thanks for the welcome.
  I have the  65 XF9005.
  And I installed Oreo myself acording to intrction found on Sony webside (unfortunately I have also the problem with the sound, but that's another story.)

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi @mr.vaja,

There are a number of known issues related to the built-in Video app by Sony which can occur regularly on the Oreo firmware revision. Since you have already updated to this revision there is no option to revert to the previous version. So now the only option is to wait for the next firmware update release which hopefully will address the multiple standing issues.

My advice for the moment would be to make use of the alternative media playback and streaming apps available in the Google Play Store. 

Cheers,

Dutchice

profile.country.CZ.title
mr.vaja
Explorer

Hi, thank you for your answer. This doesn't make me happy, since I have both this Tv not only because of the perfect picture quality but also because of the Android OS. Since no other alternative media playback has sound passtrouh, your proposal is also kind of compromis.
I have run same test : movie from USB stick stops after some time (cant say exact time because the counting and subtitutes continue working???). Tried aslo same film from streaming and it seems ist running more than 30minutes (have not tried the whole movie).

profile.country.LV.title
GogolBordell0
Explorer

Try to use different USB ports, try different media players, for example MX Player or VLC, just to find out the issue, is it problem with Video app or USB port.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

@mr.vaja  ha scritto:

Hi, thank you for your answer. This doesn't make me happy, since I have both this Tv not only because of the perfect picture quality but also because of the Android OS. Since no other alternative media playback has sound passtrouh, your proposal is also kind of compromis.

Archos or Nova Player do have audio passthrough if you want to try them (though via a so-called PCM-hack that someone discourage). Much better UI also