Join now - be part of our community!

Sony OLED A1 - TV Reboots after enabling VPN

Sony OLED A1 - TV Reboots after enabling VPN

I do not expect this of Sony's flagship A1 OLED product. I installed VyprVPN (and tried a few other VPNs to be sure as well), the TV constantly reboots when switched on with the sony and android screen showing up..  This cannot be that hard to resolve but surely is not a good experience for customers like us - can Sony please resolve asap and let the community know as i can see users having the same issues. There are other TVs in the market at half the price performing twice at par - please advise.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Known issue. Has been there since the very beginning of Sony Android TV two years ago, see bug #11 in my Sony ATV bug tracker.

You might also want to consider my review about Sony ATV. Your A1 OLED is basically expensive trash.

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

@sameer_analyst I share your pain. I discovered that bug with Adguard, I reported it to Sony support, and I have been told that since it is a third party app it isn't Sony 's fault. 

Anyway, the bug is triggered when there is a change in the network. And that happens at any wake from stand-by. You can check the full story in here.

PS: @Kuschelmonschter Welcome back!! :smile: