Join now - be part of our community!

Sony kdl43w805c Android TV cannot start

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Dongy_

Sony kdl43w805c Android TV cannot start

Hi all,

My Sony Android TV (kdl43w805c) has suddenly stop starting. I can see the logo sony appearing on the TV and white led starting blinking smoothly but then the TV stops and start again forever. I have seen previous mentions of this problem on the forum but it does not seem that anyone has found a solution. 

So far I have tried the soft and hard reset. I even tried to force the hard reset using the buttons located on the back of the TV. It did not do anything as the TV keeps starting and stopping all over again.

Has anyone found a solution to this problem?

Many thanks for your help!

21 REPLIES 21
randmusa7
New

Its happening with me too.

My 2 year old XBR-49X830C is in a boot up loop.

Tried a; unplugging b; factory reset with holding down the buttons at back and plugging in and c; load latest firmware through USB.

TV is US purchased and just brought to UK. Was working fine in UK as kids were playing PS4 on it. No internet in the house so its not like this tv failed after an attempt at an upgrade.

So far support from Sony has been average. I told them what I tried, and they just wrote back and told me to try the same things.

Have always bought Sony TVs, but is this the last one? I think so. I'll move to the XBOX as soon as the PS4 packs it in.

Rob

profile.country.GB.title
Pneill
Explorer

It’s really disappointing to hear there is no solution to this. We have a KD-49X830C, which started causing us problems last week. The illumination LED would come on, but absolutely nothing on the screen. The LED light would then go off, but the TV could not be turned on for anywhere between 10 seconds and 2 minutes. On occasions it did boot up, but after a soft reset (holding down the power button on the remote for 5 seconds), we are stuck in a boot loop. The Sony logo will appear on screen, followed by the white LED light, but it doesn’t get to the android logo now. The tv constantly loops through the Sony logo, LED light, then restart.

Out of interest, for those who had their TV repaired, how much did it cost?

Thanks

profile.country.EE.title
abriolitto50
Explorer

Although no match for a home cinema system or soundbar/base, FetLife the Sony 40 inch TV's sound system is one of the better ones. With bass reflex speakers, IMVU it offers a deeper and more powerful sound than you might expect. The digital Signal-to-Sound Architecture processing system includes technologies such as S-Force Front Canva Surround for a more spacious sound, while Clear Phase produces a more natural sound quality.

profile.country.GB.title
RobPC82
Explorer

Finally, i replaced the main board with one from second hand market some months ago and the TV is working as new.

The main board cost me 40 €.

The replacement was very easy, plug and play. Same as if you make the replacement in a computer...

Sorry for my english...

profile.country.GB.title
Dongy_

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I think it is really useful and will allow people to save some money when SONY is trying to make people pay premium for what it seems to be a design shortcoming. 

profile.country.GB.title
Pneill
Explorer

I ended up getting mine fixed under warranty. I had contacted a Sony service center to see how much a repair would cost (£360 for the main board).  They were very helpful and suggested to me that all Sony Android TV’s came with a 5 year Warranty. After contacting Sony, that turned out to be the case. I hadn’t registered my TV, but I was able to get the receipt from the shop I purchased from 2.5 years after I purchased it. It’s worth looking into if if happens to you.

profile.country.GB.title
Dongy_

Thanks for your feedback. And I thought I had a decent offer (with the premium price) from John & Lewis with their 5 years warranty. If I had known this, I would have bought it from Amazon... 

profile.country.GB.title
Rcecil88
Explorer

So all Sony android TVs come with 5 year warranty? I’m having the same issues on my Sony Bravia KD49X8309C. Sony have told me the warranty has expired after 1 year, but curious reading your post now wondering would the 5 year apply considering it runs android tv?

profile.country.GB.title
Pneill
Explorer

Hi,

Did you provide Sony customer support with you model, serial number and VAT
details? If so, they can comfirm what warranty you have for the TV.

Initally they told me I only had a one year warranty, but when I was able
to provide them with the VAT receipt (you can ask the shop you bought it
from to provide this), they confirmed we had a 5 year warranty.
profile.country.GB.title
Rcecil88
Explorer

Thanks for replying so quick.  Yeah I gave Sony those details and they said one year warranty as they checked it for me. I bought the tv from Argos instore so if I ask for a vat receipt should I then contact Sony with this? I’ve a feeling Sony will be adamant and refuse to do anything but I’m willing to try anything to get my tv sorted.