Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KD-43-XE8396

profile.country.GB.title
First_Knight

Sony KD-43-XE8396

Hello,

I have recently purchased the above named  TV.

I still have & use a Sony PS3 - the FAT one with 2 usb ports - mostly for watching Bluray DVD's using PS3 DVD remote) & now only occasionally playing games using Dualshock 3 controller.

Sony Bravia/Android TV GUI is 'usable', but littered with items I am not interested in, so I don't like it much.

I am curious to know whether ANY Sony (PS3 or PS4) or other brand of games controller might or should work (wirelessly/via Bluetooth) on my TV for 'Android' games available from 'Google Playstore' WITHOUT REQUIRING a 3rd party (i.e. NOT Sony) 'emulator' app.

When connecting a PS3 Dualshock 3 controller to the TV via a mini usb cable connected to one of the two usb 2.0 ports it will control ONLY the tv volume via the L2/R2 trigger buttons (if also using a usb extension cable), as the original mini usb to usb 2.0 charging cable is far too short to use on its own.

I can navigate within 'Amazon Video App' if this controller is connected WITHOUT the usb 2.0 extension cable.m, but have nit tried other ateas of TV GUI yet.

Does anyone also know if Microsoft Wireless (bluetooth) Desktop 800 & 3000 Keyboard/Mouse sets will

or should work on SAME TV for use in Opera Browser - & other places that would otherwise present the awful onscreen keyboards?

Many thanks

First_Knight

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi there,

Welcome to the Community! We looked into this for you and found that unfortunately this functionality is not officially supported for your TV.

Thanks,

EdwinaU

profile.country.GB.title
First_Knight

Hi EdwinaU,

Thanks for replying.

Which 'functionality' do you mean is NOT  officially supported?

Use of SONY PS3 game controllers?

Use of SONY PS4 game controllers?

Microsoft Wireless Desktop 800 Keyboard/Mouse set?

Microsoft Wireless Desktop 3000 Keyboard/Mouse set?

Or all four, NOT supported?

Thanks

First_Knight