Join now - be part of our community!

Somy X8305C stopped recognising USB Drives.

profile.country.GB.title
DorsetRed
Explorer

Somy X8305C stopped recognising USB Drives.

I’ve got a Sony 49x8305c which I’ve had for just over 2 years. Currently runnning Android 6.0.1 build 3.925. For the whole time I’ve had this I’ve always played programmes downloaded onto a USB stick absolutely fine. Tonight though, I plugged a usb in as normal, and nothing happened. Went into the video app to find it and it wasn’t there. Reset the tv, no different. Tried 2 other usb drives and nothing was recognised. I’ve tried them all on my Pc and they all have content on there and work absolutely fine. Can anyone suggest what might have happened and if there are any other fixes I can try? It’s been on 3.925 for some time now so it’s nothing to do with firmware I’d imagine, but I’ve done this hundreds of times before without a problem so it’s very annoying. Welcome any suggestions. 

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi DorsetRed, 

Sorry to hear you're having this issue with your USB and KD-49X8305C. You could try performing a factory reset on your TV.

You can find detailed instructions on how to do this here. Let us know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Pascale_F