Join now - be part of our community!

Prime Video - Cannot find or display 4k/HDR content (55XE9305)

profile.country.GB.title
StoufferTheCat

Prime Video - Cannot find or display 4k/HDR content (55XE9305)

So I have the following setup:

55XE9305. Yamaha RXV581 Receiver. PS4 Pro. (All interconnected using certified Premium HDMI cables).

If I use the Prime Video app on either the PS4 Pro or directly on the 55XE9305 I am unable to find any 4k/HDR content or display any.

I'm told there should be a "4k category on the home page" which I cannot see. I have found a list of known 4k/HDR content on Prime Video listed on a different website, however I cannot find a UHD stream of this content. Whilst playing content I can go to the picture settings and there is zero indication HDR is being used and the streams are stopping at 1080p

In contrast, Netflix on both the PS4 Pro and TV displays everything fine. There is a "4k content category" which allows me to browse. My streams get to 2060P and if I go to picture settings I can see the HRD flag switched on when I'm displaying such content.

Any idea what might be going on?

Read on another forum where somebody had to set "best quality" in their Amazon app, but I cannot see such a setting anywhere. It's almost as if the app on both the PS4 Pro and the TV is failing to detect a 4k/HRD capable display and thus not giving me those options.

Cheers.

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi Stouffer,

There's some info in the support guide for your TV here  with tips on setting up your Amazon Prime account, and also some news and info here  that may help.

Best wishes,
Ed

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Have a look here too. Let us know if that doesn’t fix it for you. 

profile.country.GB.title
Prior20

i get the same, finding 4k is a nightmare, also the app after the firmware update still jitters on first selecting a movie

profile.country.GB.title
StoufferTheCat

Hi,

I updated a different post that I had open on this - but just for completion.

No matter what I tried I just could not find 4k content in the Prime Video app. I tried resetting the app, clearing Cache, but nothing, just could not fild the 4k tile.

I received the latest firmware update OTA on Friday, decided I would install it (despite a few reports of issues). After installation I noticed my app revision was now 4.4.0 and I've now got the 4k option within the Prime Video app. I know there isn't much content there, but at last I can access it - just took a firmware upgrade which subsequently updated the app.

profile.country.GB.title
stormyuk
Expert

When you say you have the '4k option' do you mean you can search for 4k stuff or you just have to scroll through pages of stuff to find the 4k section?

profile.country.GB.title
StoufferTheCat

I've never been able to find a way to search for the 4k content.

If I fire up the built-in app now, if I scroll down about 4 categories on the main Home Page there is a tile called "4k UHD Included with Prime" or similar. if I open that I seem to be shown all of the 4k content available to me in Prime.

profile.country.GB.title
Prior20

i just dont get the option, also searching prime video yields no results for me in store 

profile.country.GB.title
stormyuk
Expert

Incidently, the Prime Video app on PS4 Pro does not support UHD/4K.