Join now - be part of our community!

Power on behaviour

profile.country.GB.title
OneEyedJack
Explorer

Power on behaviour

I've just bought Sony XR-55A80K and wondered if anyone has issues with the "power on behaviour" setting. I've set it to "last used input" which should mean that when the TV is switched on it will display TV channel (as this is last used input and TV was switched off from TV channel). Problem is that it always displays home page. I've set it multiple times to "last used input" but it always displays the home page. I've reported to Sony and gone through all the steps such as "reset to factory settings" but this is a brand new TV which I've only just taken delivery of and set up. If this is a known problem I'd expect Sony to just tell me that it doesn't really work but am reaching out to community for any real world examples of it working/not working.

24 REPLIES 24
profile.country.GB.title
nickmaddison
Explorer

Got google assistant working via TV Mic. Not sure how but part was having the mic s/w in the UP on position

Power on Behaviour with ‘last used input’ selected

Not sure could be said it is behaving partly as advertised 

Hoping for the last app or input used to restart at switch on

Piscie
Community Team

Hi @nickmaddison, according to the thread above, this option is supposed to get you the home screen or the last input (the connected external devices such as a setup box). So I assume that is how it works.

profile.country.GB.title
nickmaddison
Explorer

Piscie

Yes that seems to be the set-up, as I said I wish it would return to where it was when TV turned off, this is what happens if you turn it back on within 30 sec. of turning off, wish this was at least an option after the 30 sec, if not the default setting.

Sony, YouView and Google in one box can be ‘fun’ to deal with ……

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hi @nickmaddison 

if you're still facing the same issue, there is a new software update that got released for your TV, try to install it and check again https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/oled-tvs-android-a80k_a83k_a84k-series/xr-55a80k/software...

profile.country.GB.title
nickmaddison
Explorer

still 

Annoying but will return to the last TV tuner channel but not to the last  ’YouView’ 'Live and Catch up channel as it seems to regard this as an App. So it will go to the google home page or the ‘last input’ this is ofcouse after 30 seconds off, (the television performs as I would like within the 30 seconds)

Why is the Home screen always displayed when I turn on the TV? | Sony UK