Join now - be part of our community!

No pause on bravia

Twampy
Explorer

No pause on bravia

Not being able to pause on my Sony Bravia is just plain stupid, I don't want work abounds like recording what your watching so you can then pause and disable Youview. it's just all so stupid, it's a modern TV that should simply be able to pause when you press pause, how difficult can it be?

I love youview but why should I have to use a set top box and buy a new remote just so that I can pause at Will?

If I had realised that you can't pause then I wouldn't have bought the Telly, how hard can it be??? How silly of me for assuming that a £1000 4K flag ship TV would be able to pause.

I don't mind putting a memory stick in but come on Sony get your act together and sort this issue out or I'll be switching to a company that can pause live TV.

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

What you are referring to is "Timeshift".  This function is one of the most requested items and Sony is aware that there is a demand for this.  Unfortunately I do not know if/when it will be implemented.

When purchasing a TV (or any item for that matter), my advice is to always do your research and/or ask before purchasing - especially on functions that is crucial to you.  This ensures that you will not be disappointed later on.

Anyway, fingers crossed in the future - who knows.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Markillman
Explorer

I agree. After shelling out £650+ on a Sony TV with youview it seems absurd that I can't pause / record within youview. When you look around, LOADS of people are unhappy about this and these days it's really a basic of functionality requirement. I don't see why i should now buy a £100+ PVR box when I have a perfectly good HDD that worked on an older Panasonic model. Disappointed doesn't start to communicate my frustration. Sony / YouView Please make it a feature ASAP. 

Twampy
Explorer

I don't thing we are alone on this, Sony seem to stay very quite about it which I find quite baffling as it is a number one complaint. It must be a licensing issue otherwise it would surely have been sorted by now, you can't even put a reminder on. Youview is great and it's features are roll back Pause, set a Reminder and Record. For me the pause feature is key.

I don't think Sony want to admit that they can't give us the full youview features.

onedutch
New

Pleas add TimeShift .... I had Timeshift on my Settop Box satelite 15 years ago ... 

kowalski99
Explorer

I agree- its very dissapoining that this isn't sorted! 

profile.country.GB.title
NobFox
New

Any news on this yet? It's been a year since the original post.

Just bought a KD-55XE8396 and it's the only feature I'm disappointed about as I don't really want to plug in my YouView box when I have all the other features right there on the TV ready to go.