Join now - be part of our community!

New 4K-uhd movie, included

profile.country.GB.title
ArdmaJenkins
New

New 4K-uhd movie, included

Hi Sony. I bought a kd-55a1 a week ago. The tv keeps telling me i am entitled to a free new 4K-uhd movie from google play store. It also keeps telling me how easy it is to redeem my free 4K-uhd movie. Well it is not easy. The 3-step process for redeeming the free movie does not work. For clarification, open up google play movies & tv app, (ok so far), select ‘new 4K-uhd movie, included’, and this is where it fails. No option exists, cannot select ‘new 4K-uhd movie, included’ because this option is not there. How do I get my free movie after spending £2500 on your tv??

Yours most irked,

ArdmaJenkins

5 REPLIES 5

Having the same issue too. 

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @Jordbagshaw and @ArdmaJenkins and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

I'm not sure if you've seen the other threads on this subject

but this is just to let you know Sony are currently looking into this and will get back to us.

Some members have managed to access their free film by opening the app on their mobile or PC and then selecting the free 4k movie option (that isn't present for some people in the app on their TVs) and then having

the movie in their library when they open the app again on the TV after.

profile.country.GB.title
StoufferTheCat

The only way I was able to get this working was to log into the same location on my PC:

https://play.google.com/store/movies

Fom there the offer appeared and I was able to pick from the 20 or so UHD films.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @ArdmaJenkins and @Jordbagshaw

This is just to check if you redeemed the movies using the workaround?

If not, can I ask you check your Google Play Movies and TV apps to see if the

offer has reappeared in the menu?

Google believe they have solved the problem and the offer is now visible in the menu bar.

Please let me know if you can.

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
ArdmaJenkins
New

No still not listed as an option when you go to movies and tv app. Tried on play store website, again option not listed, and when I click to buy a movie the uhd option it isn’t listed as free, so I don’t want to click buy as it looks like I’ll be charged.