Join now - be part of our community!

KD-65XH9505 cant disable captions on DVB-C channels

profile.country.GB.title
porlock_
Explorer

KD-65XH9505 cant disable captions on DVB-C channels

My TV runs firmware 5016.0631EUA, that seams to be the latest at the moment. I have an global subtitles setting in channels settings set to disabled, and normalny they are disabled. When i enable captions using button on remote it works fine, subtitles are turning on, when i don't want them any more and use same remote button to set them to off it also works, but when i change channel and go back they are enabled again. If i don't touch caption button by default they captions are disabled on all channels, but when I at least once turn them on, they stay on forever, every time i go back to channel that i enabled them on. Only one way to disabled captions on channels that i used them even once is to turn the factory defaults. If i remember correctly on prevous firmware version it was fine.
I contacted Sony support detailed describing my problem, and for the respod they send me link to user manual, support level is terrible, if someone from sony read this this is my ticket number 21846877.

Tags (3)
7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi,

I'll pass this to our engineers and ask them to check this issue.

If it's a problem with the software it should be fixed with the next release.

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.GB.title
porlock_
Explorer

Thanks.

profile.country.GB.title
porlock_
Explorer

Peter do you have any feedback from engineers team ?

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi porlock_

I checked the Help Guide, there's a note at the end of one pages saying: "When you exit the digital text application, subtitle display will resume automatically." I believe this is what's happening with you. Not sure if this should always be the case or not before the update. Let us know the engineers outcome.

profile.country.GB.title
porlock_
Explorer

Hannah that is completely NOT what im encountered, you did not paste full text from instruction that says at the beginning of quoted by you paragraph "If subtitles are selected and you launch a digital text application via the (Icon)". That is normal behavior if you select subtitles on subtitle selecting application, they will be displayed when you exit this application. Please check my initial post to find out that this is completely unrelated.

profile.country.GB.title
porlock_
Explorer

New firmware was released byt bug is still there,  i publish a YouTube movie to help you understand what we are dealing with.

https://youtu.be/qNnMSXclJXQ

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi porlock, sorry if I got you wrong, try a factory reset then if you didn't already.